Now, I've been back in New York for a week. I just realized that I've only had three real social outings. Other than that I've been in my apartment or bookstores, basically solitary. At least I've had Julie around since she's staying with me until she can move into her apartment. By then Flora will be back and I still won't be alone. But the roommate dynamic is odd, you know? When one or both of you has things to do, you can go for hours without acknowledging the other's presence. Not that that's a bad thing, because I definitely need my quiet time, but I feel like I don't have enough socialization to balance it out at the moment. I suppose I could call up somebody to hang out with, but I don't want to bother anyone. That's my problem right there. I need to stop thinking of myself as a bother. i need to be confident, believe that just maybe other people could enjoy my presence.
So this is it Noelle...stop being so afraid of people.
If Amy Farrah Fowler can do it, so can I.
Oh God...I have to meet new people tomorrow. *hyperventilating*
No comments:
Post a Comment